JAM (Powered by Sport & Social Group) is your one-stop shop for all things PLAY! Whether you're looking to find Sports Leagues across North America, or book a hilarious virtual event for your team, JAM has it all! We are looking for a new teammate to join us on our exciting adventure, as we connect more people through play than ever before!
Candidates must be a great fit with the JAM Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
Our League Ambassadors are an essential ingredient to the success of our leagues. They are the eyes and ears at our venues and ensure all league games run smoothly. We are currently looking for responsible, reliable, and outgoing individuals to act as League Ambassadors for JAM Sports.
JAM Sports Ambassadors are responsible for:
- Engaging with members each and every shift to ensure they are having the best possible experience before, during, and after games
- Establishing a relationship with vendors, facilities, and the community to support our growing brand
- Arriving at the venue location prior to game times to meet with the facility caretaker and/or venue staff
- Setting up equipment for the sport that will be played that evening
- Managing the venue throughout the course of the night to ensure that our members enter & exit the building at the appropriate times and through the appropriate doors
- Ensuring that all games start and end at the correct times
- Enforcing league rules and sportsmanship to create safe play during games
- Assisting with any incidents and injuries as appropriate
- Cleaning up the facility and packing up all equipment at the end of the night
- Submitting a shift report through our online system after each shift
- Extremely upbeat and positive, with their own flair and personality!
- Willingness to approach and chat with members and maintain this positive relationship over the course of the season.
Details, Details, Details
- Taking care of the little details first makes putting on a big show easy!
- Must have incredible attention to detail and be a quick learner!
- Be confident and motivated to call on and/or meet/work/deal with members, head office staff, and facility staff.
- Hardworking attitude. You are known for taking initiative.
Think Outside the Box Mentality
- We’re not looking for mediocre and old-school here. We want someone who has fresh ideas, can work on their own without being micromanaged, and is good at developing and maintaining relationships.
- We are looking for someone who has past experience with planning events on every level. Someone who is able to clearly represent JAM Sports to prospective businesses, while adopting our laid back yet professional attitude.
Well Spoken & Written
- It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. You’ll need to have strong self-monitoring skills and strong public speaking skills.
- You will need to be able to clearly articulate and summarize your shifts in writing through a shift report that is expected to be submitted online after each and every shift.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of sports rules and formats is an asset!
Quick On Your Feet
- Confidence in your ability to take control of a situation with a flair for being resourceful.
- Strengths in planning, decision making, and creative problem solving.
- Our leagues run Monday to Friday from roughly 5:45 pm until 12:00 am with some Saturday and Sunday shifts available as well (shifts will vary based on game times at a given venue).
- Shift times are typically between 3 to 6 hours long depending on the venue.
- Hours will vary depending on your availability, but preferences will be given to those who are committed to working consistent shifts on multiple evenings.
- Responsibilities/times/locations all vary depending on your availability.
- All of our League Ambassadors earn $15 USD per hour
For more information about JAM, please visit https://jamgroup.com
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis for this position.